Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Year 6, Day 116: Hebrews 12

Theological Commentary: Click Here


Discipleship Focus: Challenge

  • Challenge: God does not merely wish us to be in relationship with Him as we are.  He challenges us to grow, stretch, and transform as we take on the mantle of being His representatives to this world.

There are two passages that I find hyper-challenging today, and I am a person who really appreciates a good challenge.  If challenge is your thing, keep reading.

Hebrews 12:4 says this, “In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.”  This is a not so subtle reminder.  God knows that He asked His own Son to die for the sake of others.  God has not yet asked the same thing of me.  This keeps me humble.  Am I willing to give to God what He asked His Son to give for me?  I hope so!

At the end of this chapter we have another challenging thought.  We should approach God with a reverence that is highly deserved.  He gives us the ability to accept His grace and love and mercy and we don’t deserve it.  We deserve to be forced to wander the desert forever without His love and mercy.  We deserve to be shaken to our very foundation.  But instead He extends His grace and love and mercy and desires to be with us.

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment