Monday, October 31, 2016

Year 6, Day 304: 2 Chronicles 4

Theological Commentary: Click Here


Discipleship Focus: Provision

  • Provision: God gives us what we truly need.  God knows our needs better than we can know them.  We learn to trust God to provide for us.

I am always impressed when I read this passage at the sheer size of the construction.  Do you realize that the sea could hold more than 10,000 gallons of water?  Do you even know how large that is?  Or that the altar was 15 feet tall!  And all of these things was covered in bronze – and that bronze wasn’t even measured!

In other words, God’s provision is impressive.  God made bronze so plentiful in the days of Solomon that they didn’t even need to measure it.  This is how incredible God’s provision is.  His abundance outdoes even our greatest need.

Of course, then it is important to realize that from a New Testament perspective, we are the temple of God.  We are the ones into whom God pours His provision.  We are the ones who bear the abundance of God.  So I have to ask myself if I live a life that reflects this abundance.  Do I live a life that pours out God’s love, grace, and mercy that He pours into me?

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment