Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Year 3, Day 352: Revelation 7

Theological Commentary: Click Here 


Discipleship Focus: Up

  • Up: Up is the word that speaks to our relationship with God.  God is love.  God draws us to Him.  It is God who gives us truth.  It is God who gives us identity.  It is God who gives us authority. 


In this chapter we hear about a God who is a living God.  Often it is easy to put God on a shelf and not consider our relationship with Him as we go through our life.  But here we hear that God is living.  He cannot be ignored.  He brings hope to the hopeless.  He comes in judgment to those who would oppose Him.  He controls the elemental forces of the world.

It is also God who calls us and sustains us.  It is God that we worship.  It is God who gives meaning to our lives.  It is God in whom our eternal life rests.

As we read this passage, I can’t help but ask if I make enough space in my life for intimacy with God.  Am I at peace with God?  Is God renewing me?  Am I obedient to God?  Do I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life?


<>< 

No comments:

Post a Comment