Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Year 4, Day 288: 1 Samuel 2

Theological Commentary: Click Here 


Discipleship Focus: Up

  • Up: Up is the word we use for what we worship.  If we are following God’s will, God will occupy the Up position.  Our life, our identity, our mission, our family on mission is all derived from Up.  This is why God needs to be in our Up position.

Hannah continues to impress me with her choices.  Once she has a child, she could have easily focused on her life and turned away from God.  After all, is that trait not common among human beings?  Do we not often go to God and ask for something and then when we get it we wander away from God?

But not Hannah.  God is truly in her Up position.  God is truly Hannah’s focus.  Listen to her prayer here.  She cannot stop talking about the character and nature of God!  That’s what it feels like to have God in your Up position.

It makes me wonder about my life.  How many times in my life have I been a true witness to God’s glory?  How many times have I had an opportunity to give God all the credit and managed to actually do it?  That’s the goal.  I know I’ll never get it perfect every time.  But I desire to be more like Hannah.  When given the opportunity, may I not be able to stop talking about God’s glory!

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment