Friday, May 1, 2015

Year 5, Day 121: Job 27

Theological Commentary: Click Here


Discipleship Focus: Provision

  • Provision: God gives us what we truly need.  God knows our needs better than we can know them.  We learn to trust God to provide for us.

Job’s questions today really inspired me to think about hope.  Where does my hope come from?  Where do I lean when I am weak or unable to see very far down the road?  Where does my strength come from when I need it and cannot muster it within myself?  When the world attacks me, where does my defense come?

For me, it is God.  So long as there is God, there is hope.  So long as there is God, I know I can survive.  So long as there is God, I have strength.

That’s what provision is all about.  I don’t think for a minute that God will give me everything I want.  But I do believe that God will provide for my needs.  I do believe that God will provide a kingdom for me to live in both in this world and the next.  When this world crashes, I believe that God is the one who can help me see what I cannot.

Provision is the domain of God.  I will have it no other way.

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment