Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Year 5, Day 272: Psalm 126-128

Theological Commentary: Click Here


Discipleship Focus: Provision

  • Provision: God gives us what we truly need.  God knows our needs better than we can know them.  We learn to trust God to provide for us.

As I read through these three psalms for the day, the word blessing leapt off of the page.  In Psalm 126, the psalmist is pleading with the Lord to restore His blessing upon the people.  In Psalm 127 the psalmist speaks about the need for the involvement of the Lord in order for something to be blessed.  In Psalm 128 we again her the reinforcement that God is the root of all blessing.  In summary, He blesses our marriages.  He blesses our children.  He blesses the efforts of our hands.

I cannot help but wonder if this is how I go through life.  Yes, academically I understand that God is the source of all my blessing.  I can talk about how God is the origin of all good things.  But do I live that way?

When something good happens, do I give the Lord credit for His provision?  When something I try actually works out, do I give God the credit for actually giving me the ability?  When I have a good experience, do I give God the credit for providing me with the opportunity?

We can also look at this from the opposite perspective.  Do I trust God to provide blessing?  Do I trust God to provide opportunity?  Do I trust God to give me the ability?

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment