Thursday, October 11, 2018

Year 8, Day 284: Psalm 147


Theological Commentary: Click Here



Psalm 147 is another psalm of praise.  I was listening to a speaker today, and he was commenting on favorite songs.  He made a comment that Psalms might be considered as God’s favorites playlist.  With as many psalms of praise as can be found, I’m inclined to agree with him.



Why shouldn’t God be praised?  He is our provider.  He gathers the outcasts.  He binds up our wounds.  He is the creator.  He blesses us with future generations.  He controls the weather.  Is there anything that God cannot do?  Is there any reason He should not be praised?



What I love most about this psalm, though, is the description about what the Lord loves most.  The Bible clearly says that He isn’t impressed by animalistic or even human strength.  What He loves is someone who fears Him.  He takes pleasure in those who put their hope in Him.



That’s powerful for me.  I’m not the most flamboyant person.  It’s easy for me to get lost in the crowd – except for my height.  I don’t do well in large crowds.  I’m not the most athletic of people.  There are better theologians out there – and better mathematicians, too.  It’s easy to feel rather unnoteworthy on a daily basis.  But then I hear what God loves.  It’s within my grasp to fear Him.  It’s within my grasp to put my hope in Him.  I might not be remarkable, but I can put my hope in Him and bring pleasure to my God in doing so.



Thanks be to God!



<><

No comments:

Post a Comment