Sunday, October 21, 2018

Year 8, Day 294: Proverbs 3


Theological Commentary: Click Here


This proverb continues the message from the prior two.  What are the benefits of wisdom?  If wisdom must be pursued, and that pursued costs effort, why is it worth it?



David has plenty of answers for these questions.  He has far more answers than I can put here.  However, I think that they can be summed up nicely.  Wisdom is the way of righteousness.  When we pursue wisdom we live in a way that is pleasing to God, beneficial to the world around us, and keeps us free from trouble that we bring upon ourselves.  {Please note that I didn’t say we would be kept from trouble.  It doesn’t matter how wise I am, if someone else intends to do me harm I’ll have to deal with it one way or another.}



Wisdom brings peace.

Wisdom brings favor from both God and mankind.

Wisdom brings healing.

Wisdom brings refreshment.

Wisdom brings honor.

Wisdom brings riches.

Wisdom brings security.

Wisdom brings surety.

Wisdom brings confidence.

Wisdom brings good relations between neighbors.

Wisdom brings blessing and favor.



<><

No comments:

Post a Comment