Monday, January 26, 2015

Year 5, Day 26: Romans 3

Theological Commentary: Click Here


Discipleship Focus: Provision

  • Provision: God gives us what we truly need.  God knows our needs better than we can know them.  We learn to trust God to provide for us.

As I look at the idea of provision, I get it.  Everything good comes from God.  The food that I eat comes from God.  The house over my head comes from God.  The job that I have has come directly from the hand of God.  Everything I have is a direct result of God’s provision for me in my life.

However, I think sometimes we get so caught up in the provision of worldly stuff that we forget where provision begins.  Paul tells us that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  Paul tells us that nobody is righteous.  He tells us that nobody understands.  He tells us that nobody seeks God under their own power.  The truth is that left to ourselves, we all deserve condemnation.

But in the face of that verdict God provided an answer.  God sent His Son to die for our sake.  God sent His Son as a sacrifice that I couldn’t make.  That’s where God’s provision truly began.  God’s plan of salvation was Jesus Christ all along.  Without the foundation of Christ, I wouldn’t even be able to see God’s provision in other things.

<><


No comments:

Post a Comment