Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Year 4, Day 8: Genesis 8

Theological Commentary: Click Here 


Discipleship Focus: Up

  • Up: Up is the word we use for what we worship.  If we are following God’s will, God will occupy the Up position.  Our life, our identity, our mission, our family on mission is all derived from Up.  This is why God needs to be in our Up position.


I love seeing what happened to Noah once the waters subsided.  Remember, he was on the ark for over a year when it was all said and done.  He was trapped there with all those animals, his family, and the like.  A year had gone by before the sealed ark was reopened.  What is the first thing that Noah does?  He builds an altar and worships God.

That’s awesome.  I’m sure that Noah – like the rest of us – had his faults.  I’m sure when he stepped off the ark he wanted to run free with feet back on stable ground again.  I’m sure he wanted to build a shelter for his family.  I’m sure he wanted to do a bunch of things, honestly.  But he worships God first.

It makes me wonder today, what is in my Up position?  Is God my first thought this morning?  Is my identity really beginning with the Father?  Is my authority really beginning with the King?  Is God setting the agenda for my missional focus and spiritual relationships?



<>< 

No comments:

Post a Comment