Thursday, March 29, 2018

Year 8, Day 88: 2 Corinthians 5


Theological Commentary: Click Here




In this chapter, Paul gives us great reason to celebrate and have hope.  This chapter is all about our position with Christ versus our position with the world.  We know that Christ died for all.  Therefore, Paul concludes, we have all died.  We are no longer in this world, we are in the realm of Christ.  We are no longer to judge things according to the worldly ways but instead we are to judge things according to the ways of God.



What that means is that we can always have hope.  When I am persecuted, I know that I have a home in God that cannot be taken away.  When I am mocked, I know that I have relationship with a God who always loves me.  When I am abandoned, I know that I have a God who calls me to Him.  When I am threatened, I know I have a God who can protect me and who can usher me home to a dwelling that none can prevent me from obtaining. 



We have no reason to be eternally afraid!  Yes, we can fear what people may do to us in this life, but we have little reason to truly fear.  After all, should my life be taken from me now I am rewarding with knowing God in an all new and different manner!



So, what do we do now?  We are ambassadors.  We live out the truth we know.  We do not worry; we do not fret.  We present an image to the world that speaks about our faith and our hope.  We live out our joy so that others may see it, find inspiration, and know the same joy.



<><

No comments:

Post a Comment